FINAL REFLECTION FOR WORLD LITERATURE 2020 - 2021

    This semester was unlike any other besides the fact that not only this course but all courses were online it was very different and took time to get used to. From the beginning this course was different from any other course I have taken because we had our own blogs. Out of the work we have done in this class I am most proud of the essay we did towards the beginning of the school year. I wish I would have been better at managing my time. Something I learned in this course that has been really useful is meditating. This semester I have read "Les Misérables", "The Nightingale" and, "The Selection". Three literary techniques that made the texts effective were syntax, tone, and allusion. 
    This course was different from any other course I have taken since the beginning of the year since we each had our own blogs to post our thoughts on and to put up our work on. This was a new thing to me but I think it was a nice way where we can not only pour our thought's out but also post our work on where it gets graded. Looking back on  our experience together, what I have found most meaningful is that Dr. Preston is very understanding of us and our work. 
    Considering the work I have done in this class I would say I am most proud of the essay we did towards the beginning of the year "The Right To Your Opinion Essay". I am most proud of the essay because I feel like I did a pretty good job on it. It was an interesting topic to me, something I actually wrote about without having trouble finding out what to write and it was something I actually found interesting and had fun writing. Now looking back I would change how I managed my time and organized how I did my work. I would change that or wish that I would have done a better job at that although I have learned from that and improved. I wish I also would have been better at doing my work and not procrastinate so much.
    As I look forward something I learned in this course that would really help me from here and in the future is meditating. Just like we do on zoom before starting class we take a minute and meditate. Ever since I feel like it really has been useful to just relax. Meditating is something I will do for sure whether I take a minute or a few out of my day to meditate after a hard day or just even a regular day to feel calm. This semester three texts I have read are "Les Misérables", "The Nightingale", and "The Selection". Three literary techniques that made the text's effective were syntax in "Les Misérables" tone in "The Nightingale" and allusion in "The selection". 
    This year has been quite a year with many unexpected things. Really different than any other year mostly because of COVID - 19. It really limited a lot of things like going to school. With only about a week left of this semester I know many of us are looking forward to this upcoming break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I HAVE THE ANSWERS

Les Mis Book 2 Chapter 7